Hey, I’m Felice Clark a.k.a The Dabbling Speechie!
This website is for speech and language pathologists who are looking for tools and resources that provide creativity and engagement for their little speechies.
Raise your hand if you have LIMITED TIME to plan out lessons, but desire to have FUN and INNOVATING therapy sessions? If you raised your hand, then you came to the right speechie (ME)!
When I am not working as a speech pathologist in a prek-5th grade elementary school, I am creating speech and language resources and writing blog posts for my SLP peeps.
I am an SLP that has………
- my master’s degree in speech pathology and audiology (I passed the PRAXIS and got a GPA that landed me in a graduate program, so in the “speech world”, this is like me graduating from Marine Corps Training.)
- my CCC’s (Yep, I pay my ASHA dues every December…..I have debated writing ASHA a letter asking if they could change my renewel date, so that it doesn’t impact my holiday shopping adventures).
- 9 1/2 years experience out in the field, primarily working with students from ages prek- high school.
survivedthrived at managing a caseload of 80. Thank goodness I now have a caseload of 55! I was drinking too much coffee managing 80 students.
- a few articles that have been featured in the ASHA magazine and on The ASHA Leader Blog.
When I am not dabbling in all things SPEECH, you will find me…….
- sharing about how this beautiful mess of a girl is saved by grace (yep, this chica has a relationship with Jesus)
- hanging with my hubby, our two beautiful children & our dog Sophie
- drinking caffeinated beverages daily
- blasting POP, Rock and Country music to boost my mood (yes, I am a shower singer)
- vegging out on chick flicks and action thrillers
- relaxing by the beach and reading a compelling book is my JAM
If you are ready for some inspiring ideas to make your job easier while creating enchantment in your therapy room, then stick with “dabbling” speechie!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask me questions, share ideas and connect!
Get new speech therapy ideas in weekly newsletters.
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.