The last day of school is right around the corner for me! Students get out May 29th, but I have to work another week because SLP’s in my district have a longer calendar year. I will be in peace to do all my paperwork without students around (that’s the only positive I can come up with), plus I get paid to get organized!! I will be blasting some tunes on my way home from work celebrating that my summer break has arrived! For those that have been following me for a while, you know I love music and use it to help keep my mood up! I have a new set of recommended songs you MUST HAVE on your playlist for the last day of school. In no particular order here they are:
1. Maroon 5’s album V with the hit song “Sugar” is ultimately about a guy wanting some “sugar love” from his lady, but the first line reminds me about how my body and soul feels by the end of the year! “I’m hurting, baby, I’m broken down. I need your loving, loving. I need it now.” By the last day of school, I am hurting and needin’ some summer lovin…..plus this song is a great jam to blast in the car!
2. Uptown Funk with Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars is a get up and dance kinda song. This is a great song to remind us that we have ALL summer long to get dressed up on and out on the town. No lessons to plan, deadlines to meet or paperwork to get in our way!
3. I’ve gotta feeling by Black Eyed Peas will definitely get you pumped to plan something fun into the late night because we don’t have to set ANY alarms all summer long!
4. Summer Nights by Rascal Flatts will get you in the mood to have a BBQ with friends and let the kids stay up late on those hot nights.
5. Best Day of my Life by American Authors should be blasted the whole walk to your car lol!
6. Walk the Moon’s song Shut Up & Dance With Me has a great beat and it reminds me that school is out and it’s time to STOP talking about speech, IEP’s, paperwork, etc. and turn up some music and get to groovin’.
7. Jump Right In by Zac Brown Band is a fav of mine! It has an awesome tempo and makes me want to get to a beach. I am not going to tropical place this summer, but my family is going to the beach…woohoo!
8. Blame it on the Boogey by The Jackson 5 is one of those songs that makes you want to roll down the windows and sing at the top of your lungs. Get your boogey on!!
9. Beyonce’s Let’s Move ‘Move Your Body’ is a great get up and dance kinda song. It’s perfect for celebrating!! No more meetings, IEP’s to write, therapy to plan…..the list goes….get up and move your body, you deserve it!
10. Colbie Caillat’s Blaze song reminds me of all the fun late nights we are all going to have not worrying about IEP’s, therapy planning, reports, and to do’s!
There you have it! 10 amazing songs to help celebrate the start of summer break! I hope you all have a great time off from work. You deserve it! For those that have to work this summer, these songs will surely help you get to work in the morning with a smile. (694)